Monday, February 11, 2013

goal progress


as an antidote to my most recent whinge-y post, let's look at how our plucky heroine is doing... it's been a bit over a month into the new year now...

IMMEDIATE GOALS

notice the positive -
I do this in an informal way, (have for years) maybe a notebook to write things down every evening would be a good winding down before bed idea?
find things to say yes to -
Ummm, I listened fairly well to K's suggestions about home reorganisation, and I agreed to let R attempt to edit my writings... this is a difficult category for moi
show up and do the work -
I am being more rigorous about immediate followup on work leads...
nurture new life in the cracks of the old -
??? still grieving, tired of grieving
organise space in my home -
sent a lot (8+ grocery sacks) of paper to recycling, and 3+ bags of things to Goodwill. Met with K and have a start on a new vision of how the interior can be organised
spend time with friends and family -
three week parental visit, plan to spend regular time with E on stitchery things
make time for creativity -
??? maybe use the hour in the morning before breakfast?

LONGTERM GOALS

household economy improved -
see "show up and do the work"
canine companion? -
realised that the "empty space" in the bedroom would be a great spot for a dog crate...

6 comments:

  1. You wanna read something funny? I think so very highly of your taste that when I read that you took bags to Goodwill, I really wished that I could have had a look in 'em. ;)

    Good luck with making progress towards your goals. I'm finding that tracking my goals every day, in a google document, really helps me to continue to move forward. Your notebook sounds like a good idea, and doing so right before going to bed would give you some good things to think about as you drift off to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can highly recommend a canine companion. They come in a range of sizes and colors, something to match everyone's design goals! Mine are black with red collars. They are a good neutral color and look good sleeping on blue, green, gray, white, teal, and pink blankets! Also their emotions range from happy to ecstatic.

    Best

    Claire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claire, that definitely made me laugh this morning! Given my chosen wardrobe color palette, it will be pretty easy to find a "coordinating" FutureDog companion... any of the grey, dark brown, black or even white/cream color will do, and I can use indigo as an accent!

      Delete
  3. I admire your focus on improvement in various areas that are important to you. A practice I have and heartily recommend is this, as I first lie in bed at night: think of ten things that brought me pleasure during that day. They can be a smile received, a beautiful color, a taste, an activity -- anything at all. A seam laying flat, the feel of fabric as it is worked with, a needle gliding through fabric -- tiny little things can bring pleasure. Sometimes I lie down in bed and think, "Oh, drat, I have to think of ten things" but by the time I've done that I have a big smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carole, I actually do something similar to that - I call it "counting my blessings", and all day long I try and notice what is good or beautiful or pleasing. Sometimes it is an interaction, and sometimes it is what the sky is doing, or a project that has gone well. It helps me remember that being cheerful is, for me, a choice, and one that I can continue to choose despite whatever else is going on...

      Delete

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed