Wednesday, November 14, 2012

wishful Wednesday


Sometimes I wish that there was room in my house for a dentist chair, well, minus the articulated arms and such, though the light could hold my monitor and the arms my keyboard... seriously, aside from what they do to you while you are in the comfy chair, are those not the most comfy chairs ever? (Like what I imagine astronaut chairs to be.)
 ::: 

About one more day of spare-time stitchery and the neckline reverse-applique for the black/grey crow t-shirt will be finished... there will needs be similar handwork for around the sleeve cuffs completed and then the shirt can be assembled.

The back side of the work looks equally interesting; really shows all the varied scrap bits of printed jersey.
::: 

have tried a new-to-me paint for the decorative borderwork I'm currently in the middle of... I started with Liquitex copper metallic, which looked good but was hard to apply smoothly since it was quite thick. I am now using Flashe deep gold, and it is both more liquid and more opaque, and easier to apply... They are two similar but not identical types of paint, Liquitex is acrylic, and Flashe is vinyl. The Flashe is twice the cost, but soooo much nicer to work with. Just FYI, if anyone else cares...
::: 

Last night my pal D brought me a bundle of bamboo poles (one-two-three-many), all about maybe four or five feet long. When I heard that there were some that needed a good home, so as to not be merely sent to the compost facility, I waved my hand in the air and said ME! My idea is that they will be useful as stakes to hold up temporary chicken fencing, and the speckledy sisters can help clear the backyard a bit at a time. There are plenty of fencing scraps here already, and if a more moveable* henhouse can be put together, they can be my chicken tractor buddies.

* the current henhouse is lovely and sturdy, but takes a whole passel of folks to shift from one location to another

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed