in which our plucky heroine has a clever idea...
Y'know how I was wondering how on earth I could get the amount of sewing done that is hoped for this month... since sleep was hard to find, there was a lot of laying in bed and cogitating... and no, am not imagining sewing instead of sleeping, that way lies madness and all sorts of stupid operator error, trust me on this one, but rather that the underdress and "nomad" trousers are a lot like pyjamas, and would serve for the "make two garments that are not daywear" category in Make & Mend. (insert small picture of plucky heroine clapping her tiny hands with glee)
In addition, I also realised that I can use the Marcy Tilton pattern that I have been meaning to try out for ages as the base pattern for the pants, thereby using the periwinkle blue rayon as a muslin to see if I like how that pattern fits. This way the lower half of the pants will look suitable nomadic, once I add the embroidered lower leg portion, and the upper part that does not show when worn with the SCA clothing will actually be more comfortable than my original idea of drawstring pants.
≈:::≈
Ever Ongoing list of wishful:
- bicycle kickstand
- Excalibur food dehydrator
- rooms painted
- bicycles tuned up
- pot-rack up in kitchen
- random debris taken to dump
- backyard tamed (mowed and flattened)
- raised beds created (need more garden soil+compost+bed materials)
- insulation in house walls
- massage at least once a month
- diagnosis (and treatment) for unrelenting foot and leg pain
- enough alternative employment that is not housecleaning, but pays at least as much
No comments:
Post a Comment
Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed