Friday, June 8, 2012

diversionary


Are you tired of "what I did on my summer vacation"? I'm not, but here, as a diversion, is a project that has been my carry along bit of handwork for the last two weeks...

Gryphon won this hand-felted pouch in a bardic competition, and gifted it to me. It is just the right size to hold my epi-pen, so I decided to change the Celtic embroidery originally on the flap for a design that would make it clear that the contents are for medical use. The next step is to sew a lining, and to add two small antler-tip toggles...

The red cross is to signify first aid supplies, as this will be used to carry my epi-pen, inhaler, and various other small medical bits at SCA events. Stitches used are mostly chain, some buttonhole edging, and a wee bit of bayeaux tapestry filling for the acorn caps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed