Monday, September 26, 2011

mucky Monday, with music

In which our plucky heroine is laid low, and rambles with only minimal coherence...

Alas, I am now down with a cold... and it is a turrible awful one! I tend to catch viruses when there is an overload of unavoidable stress in my life. My take on it is that when the season changes, it adds additional stress to our body; it's gotta be hard on the system to keep jumping from mid-80's to low 60's so suddenly. Goodness knows that there has been stress aplenty currently. Mostly counterbalanced and antidoted by Good Things, for which I'm extremely grateful. But still, stress aplenty, enough to keep me from sleeping some nights, which makes it much more likely that fighting off a dread rhinovirus will not be as easy.

I do have hope of finding a new doctor (after the debacle of last month) but the effort involved in sorting through the lists of theoretical options is grueling. Lots of calls end in finding out that they do not, in fact, accept OHP Standard. Have finally found a few clinics that do, but how to make a reasoned choice of the potential actual doctors??? I'd not take a road trip with someone, or hire an employee, or start a new job, without some kind of mutual interviewing process to see if working together was feasible. Why then is it expected to allow someone access to the inside of our bodies on strictly a piece of paper and if lucky a website blurb? (sorry, I would prefer to be living in the best of all possible worlds, which is currently fragmented and this kind of sensible option is only available to those with far more dosh than I) It should not be unreasonable to want to have the person on the other end of the speculum and the scalpel be someone who is willing to accept me as a partner in my healthcare. (end of grumpful rant)

Grateful for cooler damp weather, the heat and humidity on Saturday darn near did me in... if there is a break in the rain this week, will try to snag some of the remaining plums, have lost most of them to squirrels. The kale and chard are still looking good though, and there are still three apples left on the Akane. Also grateful for the fairly well stashed pantry; I have been living on chicken broth in a box, mixed with awesome sauce (chili jam). thinking about getting some ginger, and cilantro, and lime, and maybe some noodles, could make a Thai style soup... hmmm use up some of the older cans of cocoanut milk in storage, and some of the dried mushrooms, and a box of tofu... this is a great opportunity to come up with creative and tasty pantry meals. I do want to get some polenta chubs, and maybe some of the pre-cooked rice, to add to the earthquake shelf. Am also grateful to be currently on hiatus from work, so that being sick is not causing me to lose otherwise essential income. The universe is telling me to rest now, so I will do that, and trust that the turn of the wheel will bring both healing and help as needed...



"The Wheel"


"A Place in the World for a Gambler"

̿ ̿ ̿̿'̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=[^_^]=/̵͇̿̿/̿̿'̿ ̿ ̿
dog is dreaming,
sleeping barks sound as whimpers;
the hunt goes on

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed