Tuesday, August 23, 2011

whee...

In the universe, there are things that are known, and things that are unknown, and in between, there are doors.

~ William Blake

in which our plucky heroine has an amazingly fun weekend - my inner 5 yr old had waaay too much fun: (insert child voice here)

I got to go for a motorcycle ride, and go really really fast, and wish J a happy birthday, and play with clay and draw with chalk, and go really really fast, and help cook pizza and eat pizza, and go really really fast, and spend bunches of time with G, and play with hot glass, and go on a trip to go hear loud fun music, and stay up really really late...

party people

a birthday gift


homemade sidewalk chalk


OwlDog and CatFish


fire in the oven

~ ~ ~≈:::≈~ ~ ~


and then have my sister come to visit!!

Earlier today we took a lovely drive, up the Old Hwy 30 to Vista House and Multnomah Falls.

of course, we walked up the pathway to the bridge across the falls...


Gigi looked up


and I looked down
~ ~ ~≈:::≈~ ~ ~


Now it is well after midnight, tomorrow is Handfix™ - not sleepy, and NEED to go to sleep and be rested for tomorrow. The good news is that sister and I prepped a mortal huge amount of food this afternoon and evening, which is now in the freezer in meal-sized portions for after she leaves. She is going to sleep now. I have tried two different things to wind down, and well, so not working... Next attempt - topical application of hot water. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed