Sunday, August 14, 2011

how big is a peck?

Yesterday, I noticed that one of the Nardello pepper plants was looking a bit tipsy... this is why! Almost a pound of peppers hiding under the leafy bits. This plant gets a bit more sunlight than the other one in the same planter, and as a result, seems to be significantly more productive. Shall make a note of this when planning future garden beds. After further research, I come to find out that I should have left the peppers on the plant to turn red... oops! They will still taste good sauteed in some olive oil though.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed