Sometimes, going round in circles can actually be beautiful...
~ ~ ~≈:::≈~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~≈:::≈~ ~ ~
Have been making an effort to increase my walkabout time every day, the last spate of soft grey damp days has made that a pleasure. 'Tis the bright unrelentingly sunshiney ones that make me want to hide till dusk, (or get up in the soft and cool before the day begins, tho' that is much less likely) Yesterday, got off at a different bus stop on my way to PT, and found this lovely greenery archway over the sidewalk, on a street with extraordinarily wide parking strips, the sidewalk must have been at least ten or twelve feet away from the curbside, and several folks had made interesting garden spaces in what is usually simply waste ground. (though more and more around town I see raised garden beds rather than just grass)
After my shoulder was inspected, detected, pushed and prodded all about, and a new improved regime of exercise prescribed, I headed downtown for some necessary errands. It always surprises me how more folks don't look up while they're walking around, but then, most folks don't even look around them, much less up...
So while downtown, just couldn't resist stopping in at Powells, and ended up using the last of my card on two books. I found an old bicycle care manual from the seventies, that actually has a small bit of information about three speed bikes. I have a sweet Electra I traded for, that desperately needs attention, and I know
I also brought home yet another garden book: The Resilient Gardener, by Carol Deppe. I'm still working my way through it; the author is local to the Willamette Valley, and the book is not an overview, but rather her take on a specific assortment of crops (potaotes, corn, beans, squash, and eggs) that grow well. I'm finding a lot of information that is not in the other garden reference books in the Acorn Cottage library, and will post a review once it moves off the bedside nightstand and back into the bookcase.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed