Once I find a suitable container for steeping, the green walnuts will be cut into eighths, and with a few friendly spices, will spend the next few months tucked away in the pantry, yielding up an aromatic elixer, that will eventually be filtered, sweetened (and diluted!)I'm tempted to also try turning some of the lemon peel stashed in the freezer into limoncello*, though I do remember an unfortunate evening when there was a sudden gust of gravity that attacked my chair while sitting around the campfire at one of our household encampments. As I recall, there was some limoncello involved in that particular anomaly, so it might be dangerous.
oh, and those hands of blue...just figured that rather than dyeing my hands dark brown, I'd play it safe and break out some of the latex gloves from the first aid shelf. Walnut juice has been used as an effective dyestuff for centuries.
*limoncello recipe
*another limoncello recipe
*yet another limoncello recipe
No comments:
Post a Comment
Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed