Monday, March 14, 2011

in which our plucky heroine hears a discouraging word

Another blustery day, the rain and wind last night was so intense it was hard to sleep, as the turbine ventilators on the roof ridge were rattling quite loudly. If only they were little wind generators instead, that would be useful...

Clothing today was grab, toss on, and run out the door, as my alarm never went off, and now it is dark in the morning again. I really do not like the twice a year time change. So I'm wearing black leggings, my munki-munki mermaid print top, a blue stripey dress and the denim overall jumper. Goretex is my go-to favorite for rain, and this is the old Eddie Bauer jacket that was refurbished and remodeled to fit better, and the black rainhat that I made.

Waking up late meant that instead of a relaxed transit trip to the Dr this morning, I was hoofing it at a fast walk all the way there. Did 2.25 miles in about 35 minutes, which is not bad. Got there almost on time, if'n I'd waited for the bus it would have taken at least another 30 or 40 minutes or more. Felt pretty pleased with my walking speed, which was rather a push from my more comfortable amble, but got me there quickly...

Unfortunately the news I received there was quite discouraging, OHP pretty much does not rarely ever pays for the necessary surgery, though we will apply anyway. The Dr was unsure if they will even pay for the necessary diagnostic testing. I am attempting to stay calm, and just move forward on doing the next thing. I forsee lots of walking in my future, as that is what I do to improve my equanimity...

On a brighter note, spring continues to arrive. There are small sunbreaks, and the big ornamental plum trees in my front yard are starting to blossom. I finished filling out my 1040, which means that my task of evening arithmetic is more than half done. There are several pleasant social visits planned for this week, and some fun projects in the works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed