Thursday, February 10, 2011

tiny fragments

Another morning of fog, hard frost and frozen hen waterers. I know it was cold before emerging from the down puff cocoon, because the smoke alarm was chirping (when it gets really cold, it chirps just like it needs a new battery) Not a sound that encourages early rising, but the hens were waiting. And if this is the worst out winter gets this year, I won't complain at all. (Sorry all you snow lovers, I live here because I hate snowy weather and love grey rainy days)

Also woke up feeling like I'm fighting off a cold, a little sniffley and a little bit of a sore throat. (humph! that was not on my agenda for today at all!) Will do all the nice immune-support things like hot soup and ginger tea, in hopes of staving off anything worse.Maybe take a nap mid-day, since I've no away-from-home job today

Really had fun visiting Vandy's house on Tuesday project night, and was sorry that I left my camera at home. As it is a handbuilt home, there were many small intriguing details, as well as the large ones like the trapeze in the middle of the room. Her home is just next to her parents house, which is equally interesting, (the huge drill press!)(the hot glass shop!)(the walls of books!)(etc) I'd love to see it all in the daylight.

Lee Valley rocks! I lost the tiny part that holds the clock hands in place, just called them, and they will be sending me a new part gratis, so I don't have to buy a whole new clock movement for one tiny 1/8" end cap. They have world class customer service, as well as awesome products.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed