Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday musings + media

Have been still really exhausted from being sick, this dang virus is kicking my butt, every day wants to have afternoon naptime... Cough is easing off though, thankfully, which means that restful sleep is possible.

The weather forecast is still for a major influx of COLD northern air, with a strong possibility of snow of unknown amounts. Hence the current switch in my sewing: found two stashed lengths of true Polartec, which are in the process of becoming two pairs of leggings, and probably also a long-sleeved tunic. I plumb hate being cold, and barring some merino jersey showing up in my stashed fabric (it could happen) this will work quite well to keep my nethers warm! (the repaired rainjacket should work well to keep my upper half dry, and hence also warm, specially with the possum-merino sweater underneath)

Figured out what error I'd made in downloading music from the library - I'd neglected to "save" the file, and had merely opened it with iTunes, which had not been instructed to save files either... fortunately, there is I discovered an option with the Freegal program where if things go south with your download, you can re-do it the following week without it counting towards your three free downloads, so the lost two tunes are now safely ensconced in my computer, along with one new one. My intention is to cogitate on what next to add to my tiny library... Have also located the information about how to backup/save the music files, so I won't lose them if'n I end up needing to mindwipe the computer.

I snagged "Portland Woman" just because it makes me smile - "Life Gets Away" because a now-ist CW song just tickles me, and besides, I like the lyrics - and two Jorma Kaukonen songs: "Genesis" and "Song For The North Star". The last two are part of my history, coming-down songs, music like a softly rocking hug, that lets you know it is all right, and is going to be all right... Hoping to remember other songs that fill that category; I'd like to have a whole disc of that personal genre, (just like I'd like to have some other helpful categories like oh say, energising music to play while tidying the house)

This one, alas, is not in the library downloads, but I've loved it for long years; I've a few favorite songs that have this kind of ironic twist at the end, that just make me smile...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed