My life feels a lot like those jars...≈ : ♥ : ≈
Yesterday I had the loan of a car, and spent a big chunk of the day skittering across Portland doing some of the errands that are impossible by bus: I now have the last bit that I need for the bedroom floors project, two (heavy) rolls of HEAVY plastic sheeting to use between the underlayment and the concrete slab. There are three large bags of potting soil on the front porch, which would have been impossible to tote home even with my wheelie-granny cart, and three tomato starts, two red roma/paste and one yellow pear cherry tomato. I was very circumspect at Portland Nursery, but I did succumb to impulse and brought home a young blackcurrrant. My yard and garden are definitely in an in-between place right now. Hopefully there will be some gaps in the raininess that will allow me to mow again in the back yard; the grass is once again alarmingly shaggy.≈ : ♥ : ≈
Sometime in the next few days I will have a home visit from the volunteers from the Akita rescue group, to check out Acorn Cottage and environs and to meet and talk with me about adopting the dog I met last week. If approved, the adoption will go forward. That will be an enormous shift, welcome, but signifigant. The shape that living with a dog gives to life is not trivial, I miss the structuring of my day as much as I miss the company. The safety and the joy far more than balance out the challenge of occasional travel. After all, even in the almost year since I had to say goodbye to my beloved Smokey, I have only travelled away from Acorn Cottage maybe two or three times. So perhaps before too long there will be another big Akita head looking out the front window, and my late night walks will resume. I have been looking online at lists of Japanese words and names, feeling like she deserves a new name for a new start. ≈ : ♥ : ≈
Even the worm bin is a hotbed of transformation. Well, it always is, but this morning I found these wee little mushrooms in there. I had recently added in some raked up leaves to mix with the damp newspaper, figuring that the worms would enjoy a varied diet. Obviously, fungal spores are ubiquitous, but I wanted to take a picture before moving the bedding to add this weekends food scraps to the bin, the mushrooms are about a quarter inch across and very fragile. 
≈ : ♥ : ≈
This week will be work-full, as not only is it a house-cleaning week, but there are at least three projects for others that I want to complete before Thursday, so that the folks have a chance to take the finished bits with them to Egils or Grand Thing. I will be staying home, and if any of my friends are staying home this weekend, let me know and I'll do a Crafternoon on Sunday; I think that my old friend Sharon will be coming down from Olympia for a Portland visit too.≈ : ♥ : ≈
![]() | grey leafy print dress indigo cotton jumper dark grey wool cloth socks glass eye-bead necklace |

No comments:
Post a Comment
Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed