Thursday, May 6, 2010

M3 - day 6

blue cotton gauze T-shirt

grey chambray jumper

blue denim jacket

grey Polartec socks

eye-bead & enamel necklace

denim sunhat
Not all that different from day 1, though with a different lighter weight shirt. The exciting thing is that I made a sunhat today, using this pattern. I don't follow the construction instructions though, since I like using bias binding to finish the hat brim. I also tried a different way of attaching the crown of the hat to the brim, and it made a smoother join, though it was a real pain and I broke two sewing machine needles. I am very happy with the new hat, and transferred all my blue felt and fabric hat flowers. So if the sunshine comes to visit, I'm ready...

2 comments:

  1. Cute hat! I love the pattern of the denim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I had two pieces of interesting denim, this one and some that had alphabet letters, which is used in the denim jacket that I have been wearing. It was sold/intended as upholstery fabric, and since it is 100% cotton, works well for any heavy denim use. I always look in that section of a fabric store, as there are sometimes real gems there.

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed