![]() | blue and black floral T-shirt dark blue corduroy jumper grey wool vest with striped binding braided T-shirt necklace green wool cloth socks |
Wearing the same clothes two days in a row is not commonly done, though I had a friend in elementary school who wore the same dress all week long, hewing to an older method of dress. Yesterday the blue jumper wasn't quite finished, but I wore it anyway; now with patch pockets added, it is ready for anything. My "necklace" is made by braiding strips of cotton jersey cut from a T-shirt, following instructions found on IS•LY.
I'm really liking how the patchy hem edge is echoed by the stripey border on the vest; which was a project made at one of the Church of Craft meetings (back when there was an active group here in Portland) Several thin soft wool sweaters were cut apart and recombined, the sleeves became front lapels, edge binding cut from a striped scrap, and an embroidered applique added to the center back, and everything hand stitched together with thin wool yarn. There are several of these re-fashioned vests on the wool closet shelf, and they get worn almost as often as the shoulder shawls, and for similar reason. It is much faster to recombine already knit yardage than to knit a new vest, and it is a way to use clothing too small, or too worn to make something fun and funky...
That was odd, it is only May, and only sixty degrees out, but an ice cream truck just drove down the street... I'm sorry, but if it is cool enough to be wearing extra layers, 'tis too cold for ice cream.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed