progress report
The new food for May CanJam is up, and it is a double whammy: asparagus OR rhubarb! Since I do not have a source for affordable asparagus, I will certainly go with rhubarb. Not exotic, but I've been wanting to stock up on my very favorite jam (strawberry rhubarb), and I know that there are still some local strawberries near the bottom of the freezer here at Acorn Cottage. I have between now and the May 21st deadline for that, so it will be no problem to find the time≈ : ♥ : ≈
Have finished one pair of cloth socks for M3, (really so much faster than knitting). I have one more length of suitable wool, and a heavy pair that can be mended and worn. If I can find more suitable fabric (must needs find some yes), that will be my bus-work for the next month, and rainwear the home sewing project. I have ideas for ways to make a kind of hybrid sock, cloth bottoms with a knit upper, either sewn or possibly handknit. I may play around with that later on, after I have seven or eight pairs already made. Need to make another pair before M3 begins onSaturday
≈ : ♥ : ≈
Scrambling in my attempt to actually complete SWAP on time, that is as of midnight tomorrow. Yesterday I finished another jumper, grey chambray with hand-stitched pintucks as decoration. I like it very much. Need to make complete another dress and a jumper. Might not make the deadline, and it is not worth stressing over, will still make progress, and looking outside, there is no rain or hail currently; if it stays clear, I need to use at least some the day to get the long delayed garden work underway. Really need to spend time EVERYDAY on that, rather than on more sewing, which can be fitted around other work.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed