Sunday, December 21, 2008

Seven Days of Happy: Day 4

My home is cute, my home is good, and I've a pantry full of food... (channeling my inner doggerel-girl, and doing my best to delay the inevitable evening "walk the dog in the ice and snow")

you better believe that I am happy and thankful for Acorn Cottage. The winter of '84 I lived for two icy months on the street is Boston, sleeping in the back of a step van and scrambling for work. Washing up at the Y. Eventually got my injured then-boyfriend to his parents house and escaped... the things that don't kill us, forge us into a stronger shape...

I am also happy today for all my beloved friends and family, and all their happy birthday wishes for me. Fifty-four years and still having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed