In wintertime, especially, I wish that Acorn Cottage had a fireplace, or a teeny wood stove (like one of these lovely things maybe) Halibut Stove or this one Sardine Stove The charm alone would be delightful, not to mention the additional warmth! ...maybe, someday...
The snow is really coming down now, wind swirled and whiteblanketing all my unfinished yard tasks. Over all the leaves I hadn't yet raked from the side yard, over all the weedy bits I hadn't got to, and all the scrappy things in the backyard that were intended for fencing a new chicken yard. Now the focus is on inside workings, on thought and heart and hand together making ideas become real...
- - - - ~:~ - - - -
My neighbor Hans and his little son Alan are out walking in the snow. They stopped to make a tiny snowman from my sidewalk snow, and the dog went berserk when they came and put it atop the workbench legs on my front deck. I have funny creative neighbors (you know that I love this neighborhood) Why you may ask, do I have workbench legs on my deck? I took apart my old standing bench to use the bottom half as a base for a salad table, didn't happen this year, but wouldn't it be nifty to have salad greens growing just outside the front door next year...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed