I am so happy that the weather changed. Unlike many, I love it when the sky is grey and it is damp and cool; I have been this way my whole life. (I remember not liking to go out in the bright summer sun when I was young, probably 'cos no one gets perscription sunglasses for children.)
Happy - happy. I talked with my artist friend who is going to make the sink , and he likes my design, and is still interested in working with me on this project. Also suggested some possible ways to un-chrome the faucet... which would make it be better friends with the eventual copper sink with forged iron brackets. I really like the shape and design of the salvaged faucet that I found, but the shiney chrome, not so much...would like nice black-bronze maybe...
The back yard is mowed. With the heat, it had gotten over a foot high, I hate mowing anyhow, someday will all be garden beds and nice woodchip pathways. Someday.
During the brief rain yesterday, I managed to disconnect one of my downspouts and direct the water into the new 55 gallon barrel that was a kindly gift last week. So I now have somewhat more than 100 gallons, evven if i haven't yet set up any proper plumbing for them, i can still use the trusty shake-siphon to access the water.
Well, off to pack for Egils. Finally was able to get Smokey-rabies-paperwork faxed down here from Olympia...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed