The dread rhinovirus has invited several friends with spikey tap shoes to dance around inside my poor head, and copious applications of tea and soup have not discouraged them...I've been sick since late Monday, haven't gone to work for the last three days, and I fear that I will be in no condition to drive south for Midwinters, not to mention that I have no intention of sharing this crud with any of my friends. (Mayhap I can plan a later trip down to Adiantum, but I will have to miss the wonderful feast...)
When I looked out the window to the backyard this morning, Henrietta and Hennypenny were doing their "dustbath" thing, and were a red-and-gold patch of feathers flat on the ground in the sunny spot next to the shed. I still find it amusing/weird that chickens "bathe" in dirt, mostly because they look so funny when they do. But I had never seen them bathing together before.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed