Thursday, June 20, 2024

a smattering of sushi

in which our plucky heroine remembers she meant to post this yesterday...


~ day 20 ~
Day 20 (the summer Solstice) - All good things eventually come to an end... I'll be sad that our swap is over, but ending with two coil built bowls and a smattering of sushi is a lovely thing indeed!
※※※

Since 5am was too early to get up, I tuned over and went back to sleep... and fell back into the dreamlands. This time I hadn't yet reached the Scary Bridge, and instead left the highway that runs along the Big River, so we could break our trip in a small road adjacent town (for the purpose of stretching our legs and getting some food etc).

I wasn't lost perzactly, but ended up wandering by myself into a rusticated western emporium of small shops. (my sleeping brain does small shops filled with delight really well) There was a classroom of folks making miniature things, and a wonderful side alcove used clothing shop with vintage Hawaiian shirts, leather jackets and other garments similar, and a shop selling cabachons and mineral specimens.

However, nowhere in the entire building was I able to find my own traveling companions, so I went outside again, but it was an entirely different outdoors than the alleyway entrance, despite being the same doorway. There was a different plaza, and road construction obviously underway, with eroded dirt in the streets and some areas being rebuilt. I was wondering how to find my friends, and our vehicle, and if we would get to our destination before bedtime, or be better served by trying to find shelter in the town we were in...

Then I woke up not in the dreamlands, in my own bedroom, and in this timeline...
※※※

~ ready to use ~
The bathrobe hook is now in the correct location, looks very much as I had imagined, and works just as desired! It makes me very happy when such small improvements turn out well.
※※※

not surprising (but not delightful), the next few days are likely in the 90's. Time to become crepuscular...
※※※

June SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 musk ox print
horses blouse edge
yard waste bin
2 green linen Jedi tunic
kitchen light fixture
recycle bin
3 Nandina floral dress
Luxo plug
dead box fan
4 2 tiny knit skirts
plaid flannel slip
-
5 tiny knit cardigan
oak ebonised
-
6 Salish wooly dog print
x
x
7 bathrobe hook
x x
8 x x x
9 x x x

today's gratitudes -
1. finally figuring out that I dream in color!
2. 5 flavor sauce works just as well atop pretty much anything, like I had some leftover stir fry, so added more bok choi and some potato cubes and voila... instant tasty dinner
3. The email that came after today's "independence days summer 2024 challenge" zoom was exactly right. Instead of leaving me feeling hopeless because I'm not doing "enough", it was all about being where you are and doing an incremental bit more, which is going to look very different for each person.

Time of Isolation - Day 1442

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed