My sleep/wake cycle is entirely scrambled currently, as I do my best to shift to crepuscular. There is an additional temporary housemate here as little Wellington is having a doggish vacation at Acorn Cottage. I'm doing what I can to play catch up with various chores and projects anyway.
Probably the most pleasing sewing project recently has been getting back to my colorful huipil, a recombination of varied pieces of coordinated vintage rayon, all in the same colorway but different printed designs as the fabric re-used from the tunic I sewed for my college graduation. This will be the third iteration of the original fabric, from tunic to party dress, and now to popover huipil/top...
finally made a start on my cardboard furniture project for this months SCA Miniaturists challenge. I decided to make a set of trestles to use as a table when my tiny friends are SCA camping... The completed table will consist of seven pieces, that will fasten together to form two trestles and a tabletop... The sekrit for making smooth rounded cutouts is to use a paper punch! I used a standard size one for the curves at the bottom of the triangular trestle, and a ⅛" punch for the upper trefoil; careful layout of where the circles intersect does an excellent job.
※※※
~ creativity challenge ~
July SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | wee fruit basket | recombinant reindeer | yard waste bin |
| 2 | mini fire pit | shelf for router | excisional flesh |
| 3 | Emilia brown dress | Emilia's legs | entryway spiderwebs |
| 4 | Emilia batik dress | replace blouse buttons | recycle bin |
| 5 | Kestrel work apron | front yard mowed | yard waste bin |
| 6 | eyeglass case | back yard whacked | x |
| 7 | x | parking strip edged | x |
| 8 | x | hanging loop chore coat | x |
| 9 | x | x | x |
| 10 | x | x | x |
| 11 | x | x | x |
| 12 | x | x | x |
| 13 | x | x | x |
| 14 | x | x | x |
| 15 | x | x | x |
today's gratitude - I really love the bi-weekly zoom meetings with my Stitching Nomads group, which inspires me to keep on making things, or to finish things started ages ago. Finishing the recombinant rayon project gets at least one of the PIGS* out of the sewing space and into my wardrobe.
*PIGS = Projects In Grocery Sacks
Time of Isolation - Day 855


Looking forward to seeing the new top. IMO, it can be very satisfying to re-make old garments.
ReplyDeleteHopefully it will be done in a day or two. I love wearing rayon, but it is so wiggly to sew. Some of this fabric is almost 40 years old, and a lot more colorful than my usual, but I think it will coordinate nicely with the teal/turquoise that is my current favorite color. Once I finish it there will be photos, I promise!
Delete