Friday, December 7, 2018

Friday fragments


As the season moves towards winter, the very last of the leaves turn and fall... the quinceling has the most vividly decorated leaves in the whole yard, harlequined in green and yellow, that fall at a touch to the ground.
※※※

Saturday is the festival of Hen-Return... I am far from robust, but my back is doing well enough that my two goofy hens can come back from where they have been in foster care. In fact, I am getting an extra Black Australorpe hen back, as they have made a friend in their exile, so Acorn Cottage will have three hens again! Tomorrow I'll start preparing the old chicken house for its returning denizens...
※※※

Ooops...I screwed up on the what gets sewn when, and already sewed my brown/white shot linen blouse as my toile for the "pre-2019 SWAP Dress Challenge, instead of remembering to choose a non-SWAP fabric. This means that my indigo pinstripe dress cannot also be sewn before the 26th. Sigh. Still going to sew that dress, but I can't have two "sewn after the rules but before the 26th garments. So instead, the teal batik stripe cotton instead of the indigo pinstripe, so that I can still include the pinstripe dress as part of my SWAP, by sewing it later on. And since I've rediscovered the already cut out but never sewn plaid wool pinafore I'd intended for SWAP 2018, shifting the teal stripe dress to a different category makes more sense. (Maybe a teal/turquoise emphasis for springtime 6PAC next year?)
※※※

here are beautiful piñata sculptures: some inspired by the Luttrell psalter and some inspired by Hieronymus Bosch

※※※

December SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 brown linen blouse GM enamelextra tartlets**
2 jingle bell x-
3 xx -
4 x x -
5 xx -
6 x x -
7 x x -
8 x x -
9 x
x -
10 x x -
11 x x x
12 x x x
13 x x x
14 x x x
15 x x x

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic leaf patterns! Very exotic. I'm happy to hear that the hens are returning, and I laughed about their new friend. Send away two; get back three.🐔🐔🐔

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There may be photos... if the weather tomorrow allows

      Delete

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed