Thursday, March 15, 2007

twiggy goodness

Just wanted to share some more pictures from the ongoing saga of my backyard garden... Here is a picture inside the henhouse nestbox; good hennykins turn bugs and weeds, (and organic chicken chow) into eggses.

And here is another twig-fence, on one side of the garlic patch. It takes quite some time to weave even a small bit of twig-fence, this is about 2 ft high and 4 ft long, and took about three hours to create. The other three sides of the garlic have "fencing" made from salvaged panels from modular shelving, to protect my young garlic from hennish depredation, while I slowly find the spare time to weave more twig-fence. It is a nicely mindful activity weaving the sticks, similar to the meditative way I feel when deeply absorbed in other artisanly work. There is none of the stress of "is this coming out the way I envisioned", or "is this coming out the way I promised my current patron"; twig-fence needs only to hold together and to stand up, so building it is the closest I've currently come to purely childlike play in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed