On Monday Jess and I went to Scribal Paint Night. I made a good start on Charter # 7, which I then finished up during the week. This one was fun, and my design almost seemed to paint itself. Whoever designed this one did a really good job, as all the spaces are a good size to paint, while allowing elaboration.
Over the past weekend, Mindy came down from OlyWa and helped a lot with the yard... There was masses of weeding done, all the windfalls went into the greenwaste bin, a modicum of pruning happened, and she moved all the compost bins, including the new one, along the fenceline in the backyard, as well as shifted and mixed the partially composted yard debris. I helped with the pruning, and put pounds of plums into the freezer. I also started re-framing some of the smaller art prints that are needing better frames
As well, I continued to work on the lilac wool 16th c German kirtle for Maeva, which I eventually completed during the week. Lots of handwork on that garment, as the cartridge pleating can only be done by hand, ditto the hemline...Now I can get moving on the brown wool overdress. which needs sleeves and skirt still. Though this is a massive project with many parts, I am definitely enjoying the process.
September SMART goals (x=extra)
|#||THINGS MADE||THINGS FIXED||THINGS GONE|
|1||grey stripey dress||Kestrel gown||yard waste bin|
|2||carved suzani block||kitchen wall painted||bag to Goodwill|
|3||two triangle blocks carved||fire extinguisher up||yard waste bin|
|4||charter #7 painted ||2nd windowshade||yard waste bin|
|5||x||compost bins moved||-|
|6||x||roses pruned ||-|
today's gratitude - tools to make and do, and decades of learning how...