My current scribal project is moving along nicely, and if all goes well should be done tomorrow. I sketched in all the details, then inked them with a .005 Micron pen. Then I added the calligraphy referencing the actual award, for the Order of Three Mountains. Once that part is successfully done, then I start on the painting. The painting takes a LOT longer than the writing, so I always do the calligraphy first, in case there are any problems. I am hoping that I will be able to add the tiny painted gold lines that delineate the "cloisons" in the design. As always I try and do at least one new thing each time I paint a charter or scroll...
So in the interest of adding one or two more popover dresses to my summer wardrobe, since the heat wave continues unabated, I found that for some unknown reason I cut out oddly-sized not-popover pieces of my two chunks of rayon. WTF! Whyever did I choose to cut out pattern pieces that bear no apparent congruence with the actual sizes needed for the garment?! I might dip into my one precious piece of Nani Iro double gauze if there is enough, since that would be much less annoying than piecing together the lovely rayon.
Instead, the rayon could become a popover blouse, as I have a concept brewing for transmogrifying my easy popover pattern into a woven top... The narrow front center panel could become a kind of button band, to allow a decorative button front. It would be easy to add sleeves, in the same way that an SCA undergown or tunic has sleeves. Might be possible to patternhack in a collar. If this works, I could even make a jacket from some of the handwoven wool, and add handknit sleeves. Food for thought anyway...
here Though the idea of knitting is not at all appealing in this heat, eventually it will be cooler weather, and my desire for a new sweater might just cause me to start looking through the yarn and digging out the graph paper