Saturday, July 29, 2017

Saturday snippets


in which our plucky heroine keeps hiding indoors...

Though no one showed up on Thursday night for charter painting, I still took the evening off and started in on another local Baronial award... Even if this was not one that I myself had done the original artwork for, I would still enjoy the design. It is a lot of fun to see how it can look in a totally different colorway than the last time I painted this one, back in October of last year...

When painting the flowers, I was thinking about borage blossoms...

While there is obviously still a lot of detailing (and some of the base layers of paint) yet to finish, I couldn't resist adding some patterning to the garment on the righthand figure...
※※※

Remind me not to check the weather, forecast looks really ugly. Heat is ramping up. Current prediction for next Wednesday is 107F, Thursday 110F. Might have to go fully crepuscular/nocturnal next week. Good thing my local grocery store is open til 11 PM, 'cos riding my bike to go shopping is not really a good option when the air is hotter than the body riding.
※※※

July SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 20 enamels for Wastekeep apron dress yard waste bin
2 tiny peach enamel workbench refurbishbag to Goodwill
3 tiny linen bag closet cleared left bag to Goodwill
4 octopus rattle pruned sage x
5 rainbow bootiesx x
6 x x x
7 x x x
8 x x x
9 x x x
10 x x x
11 x x x
12 x x x
13 x x x
14 x x x
15 x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment