Sunday, June 11, 2017

Sunday snippets


in which our plucky heroine is fighting off a cold...

Since I was the only person to show up to the Scribal Night North Thursday night (other than Marya and Lawrence), we took that opportunity to do a critique of my first original scroll, with the aim of thinking about what aspects would be useful to focus on for future improvement on my next scroll... Jessica Smith-Carlock (Marya) had several good suggestions, including the obvious more calligraphy practice (since I am really a beginner at calligraphy, is why it is "obvious"), focusing on getting nice flat colors and using light and dark of the same color for shading, and trying out some of the pen flourishes that are extensions of the pointed spiny bits on the foliage. I am really looking forward to pushing my efforts a little bit further.
※※※

It looks from the weather forecast to remain moderate through most of next week, which bodes well for the enameling I need to be doing soon, once I feel a bit better
※※※

Busy sewing like the wind, and as I have now completed all six of the white/cream color garments, is now time to re-thread the machines to something a bit more colorful. Thora is getting a blue undergown, and Geniveve (Asa's "twin sister of different parents") is getting a peach color undergown similar to the one I made Asa last year, and a russet plaid wool apron dress. Farbjorn will be getting another pair of pants; from whatever fabric Blue Cedar House will be bringing down with them at the end of next week.
※※※

June SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 Farbjorn undertunic xbag to Goodwill
2 Farbjorn undertunic x-
3 Farbjorn undertunic x -
4 Thora undergown x -
5 Asa undergownx -
6 Asa undergown x x
7 Thora blue undergown x x
8 x x x
9 x x x
10 x x x
11 x x x
12 x x x
13 x x x
14 x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment