Sunday, June 4, 2017

Sunday snippets


in which our plucky heroine is visited by a giant moth...

I got up Saturday morning and there was something LARGE on the other side of the screen door to the backyard:

A new to me variety of large butterfly or moth was resting there, and allowed me to take several photos before my efforts were disturbing enough for it to move away. My finger pointing gives some idea of the scale of the creature, it is at least 2" long!
apparently it is a "White Lined Sphinx Moth", aka "Hummingbird Moth", aka Hyles lineata
※※※

Just in case some of my readers may be curious about when I refer to the SCA - I have been an active participant in the Society for Creative Anachronism for the last 25 years. This video gives a bit of a glimpse into some of the various aspects of history through re-creation that our worldwide group encompasses -

※※※

June SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 x xbag to Goodwill
2 x x-
3 x x -
4 x x -
5 xx -
6 x x x
7 x x x
8 x x x
9 x x x
10 x x x
11 x x x
12 x x x
13 x x x
14 x x x
※※※

No comments:

Post a Comment