Thursday, June 8, 2017

some Thursday thoughts


in which our plucky heroine sews like the wind...

This month is all about catching up (on chores, and decluttering, and studiowork), about preparing to teach, and teaching workshops, about sewing eversomuch clothing for camping events later this summer, and on putting attention into self-care, without which none of the rest will be possible.

There have been some bike rides around the neighborhood, and an attempt to revisit cooked kale salad... which led to a surprisingly appealing and unusual morning meal, and my coach calling me a "breakfast badass"! I cooked the kale until it was quite softened, swapped out the bulgar wheat for kasha buckwheat, and sprinkled the salad not only with the recommended feta cheese, but with a small handful of raisins, and decided that not only is it delicious, but that it might be interesting to attempt other cooked crucifer "salad" mixtures.

Sewing has been at the top of my workdays for the last week, and will be so for quite a while to come. There are twelve garments for others that need done prior to the end of the month; An Tir/West this year is six days long, so the usual "garb for three days" Blue Cedar House weekend wardrobe is not enough, and I have another several pieces to make on commission for a friends adult son. So far, have finished three simple undertunics for Farbjorn Sindri, and a simple undergown for his wife Musa-Thora. Am currently working on on two undergowns for their young daughter Asa, who is of an age where every few months she grows another few inches taller! All of these are very basic, mostly machine stitched and sans embellishment. Thora and I will do any hand embellishment and all the hemming while we are on site in July.

I also have a few studio commissions to fit in, an enameling workshop at the end of the month, and somewhere in there I need to put some attention on my housecleaning/decluttering/reorgansation... Later this year, after the summer camping season, I am going to pull everything out of the SCA/camping/earthquake closet, and give it a good sort out. I have some ideas about ways to make it more useable, and make the whole event-going prep and put away an easier process, by setting up all that gear into grab-and-go bins and baskets instead of the current random situation that has not been organised since I moved here eleven years ago!
※※※

June SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 Farbjorn undertunic xbag to Goodwill
2 Farbjorn undertunic x-
3 Farbjorn undertunic x -
4 Thora undergown x -
5 xx -
6 x x x
7 x x x
8 x x x
9 x x x
10 x x x
11 x x x
12 x x x
13 x x x
14 x x x

1 comment:

  1. I think you accomplish more in one month than I do in a year! Well done, and merry work to you!

    ReplyDelete