Monday, March 20, 2017

Monday media etc


in which our plucky heroine improves slowly...

Here is a thoughtful and visually beautiful bit of media:
※※※

So slowly, I began to regain some energy, some tiny modicum of enthusiasm. Instead of dragging through the days, desperate for an afternoon nap, I make it through 'til evening and cook an actual supper instead of just simply opening a box of soup.

Does this correlate with the lengthening daylight, or as is more likely, with the clever ministrations of my beloved acupuncturist doing her best to encourage my immune system to wake up and do what needs to be done. Difficult to be feeling cheerful when within the last week one good friend had a stroke, and two others were diagnosed with cancer. Grateful for my five years as a survivor, and hoping for the same for those dear to me.
※※※

Stitchy stitchy stitch... the other hemp knit top is finished, and has been washed and worn again twice. I am liking the slightly rough linen-y texture, and just delighted with the narrow dark grey/pale blue stripes. Very narrow stripes are now going on the list as one of my fashion basics; I loved the only striped knit I had previously, and I hardly want to take this one off, I like it so much.
※※※

And should all this be too serious, and something just plain silly called for, here is a very silly bit of media nonsense:

※※※

March SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 grey pinafore green onions planted-
2 2 stencils x-
3 black/cream knit top x x
4 grey/blue knit top x x
5 -x x
6 - x x
7 - x x
8 - x x
9 - x x
10 x x x
11 x x x
12 x x x
13 x x x
14 x x x

※※※

3 comments:

  1. Good to hear about regaining some enthusiasm for the days. I hope that it is your immune system responding!

    Loved the "Oh Fortuna" bit ;-) I sang this with a community choir 3 or 4 years ago and it was fun, fun to sing. But I can understand how the lyrics might be... misinterpreted! Now I want to join a community choir again - I just loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Singing together is such a great fun... I've never been part of a formal or informal choir, but back when I lived in Olympia I was taking singing lessons, and my teacher would also have informal singing and musical get togethers for her students

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, dear! I loved both videos! Carmina Burana was my dads favorite housecleaning music. Where he ever heard it, I have no clue. but I love it. When I found that a ballet is frequently done to it, I was excited, and was able to take my family see it at Pacific Northwest Ballet. Thank you, and I am glad health is returning.

    ReplyDelete