Thursday, February 9, 2017

Thursday?


in which our plucky heroine is still sick but hopeful of a corner turned?

This is so tiresome, to still be sleeping huge chunks of each day. Wake up, do a little bit, then collapse back into bed. At least, after five days on eye drops, my eyes are clear. Sadly, my health itself continues as poorly as the news I read online. Which isn't helping.
※※※

Earlier today, whilst still awake, I poked again at the idea of sorting out some new clothing sewing plans, since it was beginning to feel like my ideas earlier this year were too grandiose. It was about all the speed I could manage to do some very rough sketches, and then to snip up a few post-it notes, and see literally how various options would mix and match, and thereby meet this years SWAP guidelines. (While much of Acorn Cottage remains still disorganised or even still unsorted, it was a restful treat to know where the post-its were, and where the writing sticks, and the index cards for sketching. Someday, when I am not all puny and sick, the rest of the house will follow suit.)
Instead of all dresses, or woven blouses, am switching into the "uppers" category two knit turtleneck tops, in marled black/brown hemp and in dk grey/lt blue stripe hemp. This time of year knit turtlenecks are welcome, and they are fast to sew, being done in less than three hours start to finish. Done is better than perfect, and other more detailed garments can follow as I have leisure, or at least a modicum more energy.

※※※
February SMART goals
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 - turtleneck re-edged-
2 - sweater button repair-
3 - - -
4 - - -
5 -- -
6 - - -
7 - - -
8 - - -
9 - - -
10 - - -
11 - - -
12 - - -
13 - - -
14 - - -
※※※

4 comments:

  1. Done is definitely good. I have not much done at all sadly. Glad you are healing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruthie, It is really good to hear from you, I have been concerned, but figured that life was keeping you from posting on your blog, and since SG is still pretty unreliable yet. At this point basically all my various areas of progress have ground to a halt over the last two weeks of being sick. Even making new knit tops is still in the realm of my imagination.

      Delete
    2. Some changes at work massively increased my workload prior to going on vacation. I did the work and sewing suffered. It was pretty stressful but I'm OK. I'm now on vacation. I did get chance to visit a fabric shop so will probably share that when I return home.

      Delete
  2. You seem to accomplish more when you're sick than many people do when they're well! You must have inner drive. Well done!

    ReplyDelete