Tuesday, February 14, 2017

3rd times the charm



in which our plucky heroine mixes the grape and the grain; or why did I think that crochet was hard?...

I am a knitter, and not a crocheter, (though I am for certain quite crochety). Nonetheless, when I finally finished the Noro shawlette, it was obvious that the inner edge really needed something to firm it up. Rather than add an i-cord border, since there was surely not enough left of my very precious Noro for that edging, but enough that a cautious single crochet edge could be eked out. Surprisingly, there were a few crochet hooks in the knitting needle drawers, and it was actually quite tidy and simple to add border, once the magic of YouTube reminded me of how to form the stitches.
While I do like the feather and fan lace pattern better than this simple eyelet stripe, I just didn't have the bandwidth to combine the heart-curve-shaping with the feather-and-fan patterning... and in this case, done is better than perfect.
※※※

February SMART goals
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 salted lemons turtleneck re-edged-
2 Noro shawlette sweater button repair-
3 - gown neckline repair -
4 - cuff embroidery -
5 -- -
6 - - -
7 - - -
8 - - -
9 - - -
10 - - -
11 - - -
12 - - -
13 - - -
14 - - -
※※※

2 comments:

  1. Yay well done. That looks warm and cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That will look so pretty over some of your outfits. A little bit of artful zest.

    ReplyDelete