Monday, January 23, 2017

Monday miscellany



in which our plucky heroine attempts to focus on the everyday good, mostly...

My chickens are gorram special. I just spent several hours wandering around in the dark (with a flashlight) trying to find them, since they were not in their house tonight. Flew over the chookyard fencing. No apparent signs of any varmints, just sheer cussedness on their part apparently. One was sleeping in a wet planter pot instead of the nice dry chookhouse. The other one had not only flown the coop, but also the yard fence and was hanging out in the carport with the assorted lumber scraps. I am not amused. I am going to have to create a more enclosed habitat for them. Somehow. It may involve giving them less space temporarily.
※※※

Read that Stitcher's Guild is likely to return to active status maybe as soon as tomorrow... I can't wait. After eleven days, I really miss the ongoing "chatter" in my favorite corner of the virtual world.
※※※

Am continuing to sort through the assorted fabric pieces stashed in the textile/guest room. So far have filled up 5 1/2 grocery bags full to re-distribute or discard, and may have passed the tipping point between small pieces to keep and those to leave. (small pieces being defined as pieces too small to make an entire garment from) I am keeping what is useful for edgebinding, or precious and beautiful, a few smaller knit pieces suitable for adding to my Alabama Chanin garments in the future, and a small assortment suitable for either SCA trimmings, or for next years holiday gifts. Oh, and anything indigo. Because indigo.
※※※

Drew some pictures today as requested by my pal Thora. Two imaginary cities, loosely based on assorted medieval manuscript illuminations...
※※※

January SMART goals
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 black/cream pinafore brown pinafore hemexpired medicines
2 toile for knit pants reframed charterpaper recycle
3 patches for march Wastekeep bid bag of papers
4 creative drawings charters on wall bag of papers
5 -topmost shelf cleared bag to Goodwill
6 - EBT application in bag to Goodwill
7 - bookcase tidied bag to Goodwill
8 - textile shelf leveled bag for Powells
9 - shadowbox tidied bag for Powells
10 - stripey cuffs mended 5+ bags fabric
11 - - -
12 - - -
13 - - -
14 - - -
※※※

4 comments:

  1. My gosh, given your exquisite taste in fabric (and, well, everything), I would love to dig through your discards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thanks!...if you still lived here, I'd be happy to run the discard bags of tiny/small scraps past you before donating them, but I just can't let them hang around here, as the whole point is to get the house to a place of peaceful encouragment instead of filled with lumps of maybe-someday actually-never stagnation

      Delete
  2. Glad the chickens are sorted out! I find it hard to part with the scraps so brava.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it hard to let the scrappy bits go, which is why my sewing space had basically become a place I hated to be in, since it was mounded up with assorted unused but theoretically useful bits and bobs. I am finding that the more cleared out and tidy my spaces are, the more I am inspired to actually make and do things. The trick for me is in putting things away afterwards, and not keeping every tiny scrap.

      Delete