Friday, January 27, 2017

Friday fragments


...our plucky heroine has the best circle of friends and family anyone would ever want. Just saying. Two deliveries today of needed supplies: more broth-in-a-box, garlic, honey, and citrus. Milk (because I am a dairy based life form). Special throat lozenges. Oh, and Wanda brought me a new bathing suit, because sometime in the future I will not be sick, and there will not be ice and snow, and the excellent pool exercise will again be an option.
※※※

Going to set up a second wee crockpot with an abundance of garlic and ginger steeping in broth. Because I can. Because whyever did I not think earlier of how much easier life would be (when sick) if there was hot broth safely ready whenever I woke up

not quite all this garlic and ginger at once
※※※

Am very slowly continuing to knit the picot cast off on my Art In The Dark shawlette. The only thing I am doing differently is that the first bind off stitch after each picot, I just slip the knit stitch from the left to the right needle and bind that stitch off, instead of knitting it and binding off. Doing so seems to tighten up the connection between the picot and the shawlette, which was otherwise being a little bit more openwork than I would prefer.
※※※

I am feeling a bit behindhand on my personal SWAP and Winter 6PAC sewing, but then, being sick has made me behindhand in all of my commission work as well. At least this shawlette will be a good coordinated addition to my accessory "wardrobe". Were Stitchers Guild up and running, I would start a thread suggesting an adjunct to the assorted planned garment collections, featuring accessories. I have been checking in on Patternreview, and on Textillia, but each online forum has their own culture and feel, and I have not been drawn to greater participation, though it has been good to read a few of the familiar names.
※※※

No comments:

Post a Comment