Wednesday, December 7, 2016

snow days are not a treat...


...in which our plucky heroine whinges about the weather

The chooks are huddled in the far corner of their little house, safely locked away from varmints, and with another thick layer of shavings added to the floor inside their domicile, to help keep them a bit warmer and more insulated. The weather forecast is for "ice balls" which is apparently weather-ese for sleet. Currently, the wind is howling outside Acorn cottage. Am about to make some nice warm broth for a hot drink, and get back to assorted housey tasks.
this was the beginnings of snow, after lunchtime, taken through the window that looks onto the back yard... chooks are appalled at the conditions outside and only left their house when I brought them treats...
:::

Last month amongst the finishing up of studio work for others, I also set the acorn enamel that has been in my box of unset enamels for years. It was a sample I made back in 2007, for the class that Bill and I co-taught up in Seattle, on engraving for enameling. The leaf veins and acorn caps are engraved on the silver base, under the transparent enamel.

:::

Tullia found some amazing "science" fabric and had me make it up for her as a criss-cross wrap back apron:

the extra fabric scraps will become kitchen mitts
:::

Yesterday I thought it might be too cold to go to the pool, weather warnings for black ice and for pedestrians and cyclists to take care, was 26F on the thermometer on my front porch. Dang! Have only a few more days 'til the pool closes for the rest of the year. Still, better safe than splatted...

I might be nuts but I went ahead and rode my bike to the pool last night anyway, for water exercise.  It was really hella cold riding there and back, and they didn't have the pool temperature set as warm as it should be, but it was still worth it.

and... apparently I walked five miles yesterday, or over 13K steps, according to the pedomenter. Which explains why I am so hurting today, that might have been a bit much! Am not giving up, am determined to heal beautifully and be able to walk freely and with stamina, but was rather overdoing it with the exercise
:::

December SMART goals
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 wee jambe enamel 5 skirts hemmed-
2 Tullia apron --
3 - - -
4 - - -
5 -- -
6 - - -
7 - - -
8 - - -
9 - - -
10 - - -
11 - - -
12 - - -
13 - - -
14 - - -
:::

No comments:

Post a Comment