Monday, December 5, 2016

Monday musings



In which our plucky heroine updates the personal sewing plans...

Almost done cutting out two more pinafores, one in dark denim, and one in a mostly black wool with small cream thread flecks... I am thinking that since I seem to be lacking in dress lengths of fabric, but have enough for a total of five pinafores, that my plan seems to be shifting just a bit:
4 overs - grey corduroy pinafore, brown brushed twill pinafore, dark denim pinafore, black corduroy pinafore
4 tops - brown/cream mushroom print blouse, blue midcentury floral blouse, brown/cream oxford cloth blouse, and light blue/brown/cream horses print blouse.
OR
4 dresses - turquoise shot cotton dress, black blue grey stripe dress,
??? dress, ??? dress
3 bottoms - brown capri loose leggings, grey capri loose leggings, and black capri loose leggings... I might go ahead and use the black RTW leggings that I plan on using for a pattern as part of my SWAP, since I do not have much knit fabric on my "resource shelves" in suitable color/weight/yardage to make leggings from.

For my Wintertime 6PAC, the current brown twill pinafore, and the upcoming black/cream wool pinafore will be the stars. K is still working on the black chopshop cardigan for me. I could cut out and stitch up two long sleeve knit tops, from the hemp knit on my resource shelves... one is a blue/grey stripe, and the other is a black/white marl (which I intend to overdye in a cool taupe brown). Knit tops are speedy to make. Then if I manage to sort out the blouse/jacket pattern well enough, I could make another unlined jacket layer in either the brown twill or the black corduroy, since either would be a very useful addition to the daily wardrobe... Well, so would a knitted cardigan, but that takes a LOT longer

December SMART goals
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 wee jambe enamel - -
2 - --
3 - - -
4 - - -
5 -- -
6 - - -
7 - - -
8 - - -
9 - - -
10 - - -
11 - - -
12 - - -
13 - - -
14 - - -
:::



2 comments:

  1. Thank you... I keep meaning to get out on the front porch to take a picture of my progress so far, but then it is night again, or raining

    ReplyDelete