Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Tuesday tidbit


in which our plucky heroine breaks the rules...

I almost never bring trinkets home, as the last three years have been all about letting go of what is no longer necessary. But I could not resist these two small Japanese Akita-Inu figurines, who somehow ended up on the Goodwill holiday shelf. They are being added to my permanent collection here at Acorn Cottage. No, I was not born in the Year of the Dog, but I have been looking for some little sculptures just like these for a long time.
These are about two and three inches tall. I have read that little Akita figurines are sometimes a gift in Japan to parents of newborns, for good luck, and to convalescents as a wish for speedy recovery... not sure how true the info, but I liked the sentiment.
:::
November SMART goals
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 charter #17 framed Summits charter 7 pounds
2 charter #18 framed Adiantum charterGoodwill bag
3 reflective mesh vest repair small frame old chook gate
4 blue batik dress frame fox print paper recycle bin
5 -attached scroll seal 3 bags recycling
6 - framed Laurel scroll 2 bags trash
7 - framed 1st AoA charter 11 bags Goodwill
8 - framed 2nd AoA charter 1 bag yarn
9 - - -
10 - - -
11 - - -
12 - - -
13 - - -
14 - - -
:::

1 comment: