Thursday, July 7, 2016

the cohort diminshed



painted charter #12... needed to take some mental health time today.
I am getting a bit faster with my painting, this one took only about five hours. And I'm slowly developing a set of techniques for filling, shading, and patterning the spaces. I intend, as well, to create a reference notebook of various period border and diapering patterns, to help add variety to the outcome.

I had fun with the details, adding interior patterning in various ways. I am particularly fond of the little green foliage bits that burst out of the design border!
:::

...sometimes looking up old friends on FB leads to finding them again... well I just looked up Vanessa Schnatmeier, my childhood best friend from 5th grade through junior high, and come to learn that she passed away in 2012, from the same sort of cancer that I too was in treatment for in 2011/2012. We had lost touch over the years, save a brief reunion one time when I was in the Bay Area fifteen years ago or more, but somehow I always figured I had time to try and reconnect again... I guess my point is don't wait. If there are folks that are important to you, reach out. Life is short.
:::


:::

July SMART goals
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 pewter casting Thora cuff trim bag of hangers
2 charter #12 - -
3 - - -
4 - - -
5 - - -
6 - - -
7 - - -
8 - - -
9 - - -
10 - - -
11 - - -
12 - - -

No comments:

Post a Comment