Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Thursday tidbit and a charter mishap

in which our plucky heroine finds a sleepy bumblebee...

Went outside to do a little pruning before setting the wheelie bins out for trash and recycling pickup tomorrow morning, and found this bumble fast asleep in the forsythia bush. Research says that male bumblebees often sleep outside, so I guess this is a boy.

This might be the most adorable thing I have ever found in the yard... (well, except for Henny Penny, the little lost chicken... she was pretty adorable too!)


Yesterday I took the afternoon off for a necessary break, and went over to spend some time with Marya. I decided to work on a new Summits charter master design, for the Golden Stars children's service award... and by dinnertime it was almost but not entirely completed. I still needed to finish the runic inscription and erase the remaining pencil lines.


This was the first charter that I had attempted any text, as my usual efforts are all drawing or painting, and not calligraphy. Unfortunately, due to a miscommunication between the charter coordinator and myself, all the text needs to be removed and redone. Now I know, when told "use runes" to ask "which ones"... there are two major runic futhark, and a number of variants. The one I chose to work in, although appropriate for the time period, was not the right one...
Helpful Viking Age children are helping, helpful Viking dog is hoping...

June SMART goals
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 damasquinado added undergown trim bag to Goodwill
2 charter #10 add octopus hook bag to Goodwill
3 charter #11 pruned culinary sage bag to Goodwill
4 Farbjorn undertunic pruned forsythia bag to Goodwill
5 Farbjorn undertunic - bag to Goodwill
6 - - 200# shed debris
7 - - yard waste bin
8 - - -
9 - - -
10 - - -
11 - - -
12 - - -


2 comments:

  1. Welcome back, you have been very busy! Your outside space is looking great, it must be very satisfying to have all that done. What a shame to have to correct the charter though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Liz... I have help from my friends with my yard... it is a neverending task, but is also a LOT better than it was several years ago! The charter was the victim of miscommunication, and now I know to not assume that because I wasn't given specific requirements doesn't mean there aren't any... In the future, I will ask about things like that!

    ReplyDelete