Monday, June 20, 2016

snippets and song


in which our plucky heroine looks to the past and the future...

An assortment of slides 40 to 60 years old, and a manual daylight slide viewer... this arrived on my doorstep with today's post. There are images of me as an infant, and images from family vacations I have no memory of, and pictures of my parents younger than my siblings have been for decades now...

Indeed there are photos of my parents where my father looks much like my big little brother does now, photos where my siblings look like unknown strangers, and some where my parents look equally unfamiliar; my mother as a young beatnik, my father with a beard...

I shall do some research on DIY methods of maybe accessing some of these images, which are mostly not in very good condition. The newer slides have definitely degraded color quality, faded in a way that now looks very much like a "vintage photo" filter, and the older slides, with much more robust color, have strange artifacts like growths on the surfaces of some of them... still, it would be a treat to have them in a digital form as well as their current fragile state.
:::

While I was initially frustrated at the multiple glitches in my first attempt at this design, I am quite pleased with new revised Golden Stars charter master (corrected size from 8 1/2 x 11 to 11 x 14, corrected futhark text from younger futhark to elder futhark variation, altered edge border design and lower Norse interlace motifs...) This award is given to children, in the Principality of the Summits, who have been particularly helpful in various ways, those who, as the text mentions "... display... the seeds of chivalry and service that will surely blossom..."

In my design I have tried to create imagery that would be appealing to a child, making a design that would be enjoyable for the volunteer painters, with motifs that are complicated enough to look well painted simply, while also allowing for as much elaboration as a volunteer painter would feel inspired to add. Basically whenever I have created a charter master, I try and make it a design I would enjoy painting!
:::


Tim O'Brien & Darrell Scott - Walk Beside Me
:::
June SMART goals
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 damasquinado added undergown trim bag to Goodwill
2 charter #10 add octopus hook bag to Goodwill
3 charter #11 pruned culinary sage bag to Goodwill
4 Farbjorn undertunic pruned forsythia bag to Goodwill
5 Farbjorn undertunic patch F undertunic bag to Goodwill
6 Farbjorn undertunic mended plaid gown 200# shed debris
7 Golden Stars
charter master
- yard waste bin
8 - - -
9 - - -
10 - - -
11 - - -
12 - - -


No comments:

Post a Comment