Monday, May 16, 2016

Monday musings


in which our plucky heroine continues trying not to worry but instead to work...

This weekend was mostly about setting about preparations for projects rather than completion: started work on a new Golden Torc charter master, set up parts for making tiny fibulae, filled out my primary ballot and took it to the drop box at the end of the street, attached a lining layer to the strap of the Viking purse, ironed strips of fabric for blockprinted trim, and other such necessary tasks. The next two weeks will hopefully be filled with making things...

Meanwhile, out in the yard, a recent development: there are baby persimmons! Hard to see, hard to find, as they are green amidst the greenery. Last year my Fuyu had one persimmon, it was the first one ever, though the tree has been in the ground for eight years.

I found out last winter that persimmon wants watered during dry summers, which I have never done in the past. Now that I know that, I intend to save rinsewater to keep it watered during the summer, and will hopefully get a somewhat larger number of fruit!
***

It has never been what I expected, but it is worth the trip...

"By Way Of Sorrow" - live version by Cry Cry Cry
***

No comments:

Post a Comment