Friday, May 13, 2016

black and white and red all over


In which our plucky heroine indulges in decorative frugality...

The apron dress for little Aesa of Blue Cedar House is finished. Started out with a wool jumper I made years ago for Beth Mead, which I cut down and restitched, then added edgebinding and shoulder straps at the top, a fragment of tablet weaving as front trim, and blockprinted fabric as a hemline band:

blockprinted linen bands used as hemline trim, I keep finding different ways to combine the blocks I have made to create patterns, in this design I am rather charmed by how the negative space makes additional shapes.

This tablet woven fragment is leftover from weaving I did years ago, as part of a prize in Adiantum (Valeria wove red/black twill wool for a cloak, and I made tablet-woven trim to edge the cloak) The pattern here is doubled kvrim, which turns out is not period after all, but I thought that it is reminiscent of the complex woven patterns that are appropriate:

:::

May SMART goals
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 printed trim samples caged feral roses cardboard recycling
2 banner design block printed my
undergown hem
1300 lb shed debris
3 small coin pouch shed gone 11 concrete piers
4 charter #8 planted green onions -
5 Aesa apron dress - -
6 - - -
7 - - -
8 - - -
9 - - -
10 - - -
11 - - -
12 - - -

3 comments:

  1. Adorable, unique and thrifty. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! This is awesome! She will LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! This is awesome! She will LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete