Sunday, April 3, 2016

Sunday snippets


Our plucky heroine is so tired. So much more to do. This weekend I sewed a child's wool Viking Age gown for Æsa, and an adult woman's linen Anglo Saxon gown for Maeva, and have partially/almost completed two more Anglo Saxon gowns for her and partially completed a man's Viking Age wool tunic for Farbjorn. This barely dents the work I missed all the month of March, when I was too sick to do anything at all.

I had, bit by bit all the previous week, cut out all the garment parts, making up "sewing kits" that included all the necessary pieces for each one. This made the sewing faster, as cutting out takes almost as much time as machine work. Of course, these each also had all the edge bindings and hems stitched by hand; for SCA clothing I mostly use machine work only for the long seams, so that the handwork is used where it is visible.

Tomorrow, my plan is to finish Maeva's gowns, see how much I can get done on the cushions for Tullia, and put in a few hours dealing with paperwork. If I have time, I will try making a pea trellis from some of the withies, as the pea seeds Gwen gave me have sprouted! I may also give some thought to making up some small items for sale at Egils later this year... maybe fibulae, or needle or scissors cases, or???
:::

April SMART goals
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 charter painting sink repair yard waste bin
2 window panel rack - -
3 Æsa gown - -
4 Maeva gown - -
5 - - -
6 - - -
7 - - -
8 - - -
9 - - -
10 - - -
11 - - -
12 - - -

No comments:

Post a Comment