Wednesday, March 30, 2016

slow rising


It has been a long slow haul from back from pneumonia... While our plucky heroine is not where she once was, at least the landscape is gradually becoming familiar.

This month will not show great strides in any of my SMART goal categories, but remaining alive and healing well are part of what constitutes meta-goals. This week has seen a few firsts, like first bike ride since becoming ill, first long bus ride since becoming ill, and first grocery shopping trip since becoming ill. All of which were exhausting. Today Marya and I went for a walk; the sky was a clear springtime blue, and the temperature was over 70F. Again with the exhaustion, but with constant effort my stamina will surely return; I remain firmly in the "use it" camp and refuse to shift over to the "lose it" camp. The walk was punctuated by all sorts of springtime blossoms, including these plum blossoms (upper left) and the maple flowers, and their unfolding leaves just below -

The big rosemary bush in the alley three blocks away was almost vibrating with the hum of the honeybees, who were really enjoying how covered it was with flowers... I wonder what rosemary honey tastes like?

:::

March SMART goals
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 bee Laurel enamel L linen gown extended yard waste bin
2 charter painted L wool apron dress yard waste bin
3 charter painted - -
4 charter painted - -
5 original charter design - -
6 charter painted - -
7 - - -
8 - - -
9 - - -
10 - - -
11 - - -
12 - - -

2 comments:

  1. Good job on joining the "use it" camp! You are absolutely right. And walks are an excellent start. It just takes awhile. I have found w/pneumonia recovery that you get big improvements in a pretty short time on your cardiovascular endurance. And the weather is so alluring too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the least patient patient I know of, though my Dad is a close second! It is good to know that there WILL be some improvements, as I need to be strong enough again to ride my bike to the pool, I miss my water exercise. Next week the forecast is for 80F here in Portland.

    ReplyDelete