Tuesday, March 15, 2016

not going bonkers


In which our plucky heroine attempts to maintain sanity while not having enough wind for usual activities of daily life, like cooking and dishwashing and walking to the corner store...

It is going to be a long road back to full health, apparently. Indeed, right now even standing long enough to cut out fabric for sewing is beyond exhausting. I asked my friend Marya to send over some SCA charters* for me to paint, as that is about the speed of activity I can manage for now. Sit up for a bit and paint, then go back to sleep some more, repeat at an appropriate speed.
It took me all day to slowly work my way through this one yesterday... I had fun adding all the colors to the tail feathers on the peacock at the bottom of the small (8½ x 11) Baronial Golden Torc charter. I am starting to think about creating some original charter designs to offer, once I am feeling just a tad better. The local Barony is looking for designs on an  13th/14th century Ottoman/Turkish theme, and there is a lot of visual data available online; I love drawing and it is a pleasure to think something I have some ability with could be of use!
*charters are xeroxed copies of original line art, which are hand painted and presented as "certificates" of particular honors given within our organization. Volunteering to create new charter designs, or to paint them in preparation to use, is a way of being of service to the local group

:::

March SMART goals
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 bee Laurel enamel L linen gown extended yard waste bin
2 charter painted - yard waste bin
3 - - -
4 - - -
5 - - -
6 - - -
7 - - -
8 - - -
9 - - -
10 - - -
11 - - -
12 - - -

No comments:

Post a Comment