in which our plucky heroine looks towards the beginning of a new year...
I have been thinking quite a bit lately about my ongoing goal setting processes, as one does towards the end of the year. My personal motto lately seems to be "incremental progress is still progress". With that in mind, I have been using the concept of SMART* goals for the last two years, in combination with this blog as a way of keeping track.
In those two years I have made significant progress in making things for self and others, in assorted mending and repair of my home and surroundings, and in my decluttering of Acorn Cottage... Because this format works for me, I intend to continue using this method of recordkeeping in 2016. Stay tuned for the Great Big Chart reveal tomorrow, of all that was accomplished in 2015...
My goals for 2016, in no particular order:
- Sew enough clothing to meet my personal goal of a weeksworth of wardrobe, to end up with eight pieces in each of six categories. Participating in online sewing challenges like SWAP 2016 and the seasonal 6PACs will help keep me motivated.
- Finish the major decluttering of Acorn Cottage. I've been gradually working on this project for the last two years, with the goal of having a living space that allows me to focus on vocational and avocational actions instead of on finding lost things
- Teach at least one artisanry* workshop every quarter, with the aim of ramping up to one per month. I will likely never be able to return to housecleaning as my primary income, so moving forward on a different aspect and not letting my fears and emotions keep me stuck is my goal
*enameling, metalwork, stitchery, or handicraft
- Outside the house improvements: improve the chicken habitat here at Acorn Cottage, decentralise the yard tool storage and remove the old shed, add another garden bed for vegetable growing, and set up the carport as an outdoor room...
- Finally paint the interior of the house other colors than "former owner white" once the weather is warm enough for opening the windows
- Create a body of artwork suitable for gallery showing
- Continue to care well for my body, without which none of these goals are possible or relevant! This means continuing with water exercises/PT and some thought put towards better meal planning, and food journalkeeping