in which our plucky heroine notices how very much progress has happened in movement towards longterm goals...
The list below first took shape back in 2011 in response to a wishlist meme, and it seems like most of what I wish for, that can be given, involves more the gift of time and the sharing of some resources, rather than actual stuff. Gradually, with the assistance of friends and family, over the years almost more than half of these have become reality in my life. Not sure if that means time to revisit goal setting, but am very sure it means that there is everyday gratitude for the help that made these possible
#1 has happened from time to time, but there is still quite a ways to go with inside the house efforts. #4 is partially a reality, as I have ongoing acupuncture treatments that fill an analogous but not identical niche, and I no longer have the stamina to trade housecleaning as skilled labor..
- company while sorting/organising supplies - the sewing room, and the workroom both need attention, and I make much better progress with someone else there to keep me company, is a lot more fun to sort fabric etc with the option for tea and chat...
- garden beds built/load of garden soil & compost acquired - a truck with an open bed, or money for a dumptruck load, and a number of strong shovel wielding folks. I have a plan, just need helpers.
debris hauled away - - this involves someone with a truck, and help going all round the outdoors of the homeplace, to remove everything that needs to not live here
- massage - for many years I had an ongoing every other week housecleaning for massage trade. Even a modest amount of attention paid to sorting out the knots and such that have accumulated in the last
six seventen years would help me a lot
- bicycle maintenance and tuneup - I have no experience with how to care for my bike, having only fairly recently started riding again. Would love to learn more, and know that the useful tool of bicycle will be adjusted and cared for properly
standard concrete block - in sets of four or six... why, 'cos I have a number of plastic barrels destined for rainwater collection, and they work a lot better if they are elevated. Concrete is damn heavy to cart home on the bus.
wooden kitchen cart - to add additional counter space here, will make having more than one cook in the kitchen a lot easier. FORHOJA has drawers for storage
- install the hard flooring - this is a big project only because it involves removing the entire contents of each of the two bedrooms before the flooring can go down. Probably a weekend for each room, one day to move stuff out, one day to put flooring down and move stuff back in (just a guess, the rooms are pretty small, but there is a lot of stuff. Or...
wooden shelves on the walls in bedroom and sewing room - more shelving will allow better storage of fabrics and other supplies, as well as guest bedding
cross country train trip in a sleeper car - I want to visit my friends and family in New England, I love train travel, and it would be an adventure instead of an ordeal.