Thursday, August 6, 2015

thoughtful Thursday


in which our plucky heroine continues making kaizen changes, pays attention to the good, and contemplates some new and old wardrobe planning...

This morning, after reading "Manage your Day to Day" over the last several days, I decided that putting the studio work first, even ahead of daily chores, would be a valuable experiment. Indeed, this made a big difference in how productive my day was, and I will change my developing routine to doing my housey-chores at the end of the day. After all, I don't need much bandwidth for things like laundry and cleaning.
:::

Planted on August 1st, sprouted on August 4th - new lettuces in the salad table. These seedlings will need to be thinned out at least twice, as I learned in my previous attempt, but so far they are looking good! The surface is entirely covered with bird netting, barely visible in this photo, to keep squirrely varmints from digging. I will make a twiggy support to hold the netting a bit higher, to allow the plants to grow safely unmolested by fuzz-tailed rodents. If I keep these well watered, they will hopefully do well in the lower light under the porch roof.
:::

Yesterday, while riding my bike home from grocery shopping, saw a tree service crew dropping off a load of wood chippings around the corner... After some conversation they were willing to add me to their list of places that were desirous of proto-mulch. Fingers crossed it will arrive soon, for spreading out in various places around the backyard.
:::

August SMART goals
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 buckwheat hull pillow re-plant lettuces -
2 - - -
3 - - -
4 - - -
5 - - -
6 - - -
7 - - -
8 - - -
9 - - -
10 - - -



No comments:

Post a Comment