Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Tuesday tidbits


in which our plucky heroine attempts an experiment...

After poaching the leftover chicken (can you say cold chicken salad?), there was warm proto-broth still in the pot. Rather than simply discard it, or attempt to make soup and fill the kitchen with excess heat, I set up a wee folding table outside the back door, and have the crock pot plugged into the outdoor outlet. I'll be adding an assortment of veggies, and should have some tasty soup and a comparatively cool kitchen.
:::

These two vintage Walt Kelly books were on our bookshelves in my childhood ("oh look, cartoons... hmmm... pretty weird cartoons), and as my folks are decluttering, I asked them to send them to me. The books are a little battered by the years, but I cherish the connection to my own past
:::


No comments:

Post a Comment